Wednesday 31 March 2010

Group 1

I. Adam Ismail  2201409015

Title : Alice In Wonderland
Author : Lewis Caroll
Publisher : Tiny Tot Publications
Year published : 2004
Number of pages : 104 pages
Date begun : 20 March 2010
Date finished : 27 March 2010
Type of book : Fiction


Level of diffulty for me : OK

Lewis Caroll was smart in depicting the story. When I was reading this book, I jumped into my imagination where thing called “Wonderland” exist in my mind. It was indeed such a great pleasure to follow how Alice were doing in Wonderland. It could make the curiosity of mine kept pumping along the thrilling story when Alice encountered various strange-friends and foes-creature such as the Talking Mouse, March Hare, the White Rabbit, the Caterpillar, the Cheshire Cat, the Mock Turtle, the Queen of Hearts and the Splendid Mad Hatter (my favorite one) in a bunch of-you had never ever imagined before-scenes! The scene at the Mad Hatter’s tea party is actually the most interesting of Alice’s fantastic experiences in Wonderland according to me.

In addition, some poems and modified nursery rhymes for children created by the author along the story were just fascinating. They had given more color to the story and made me giggled at glance! How came? Yeah, some of them were very entertaining. One of my favorite was a modified nursery rhimes entitled Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat.

Twinkle, twinkle, little bat!
How I wonder where you're at!
Up above the world you fly,
Like a teatray in the sky.
Twinkle, twinkle little bat!
How I wonder where you're at!

That was what I like most about the book. Now, I just can’t wait to watch Tim Burton’s adaptation of Alice in Wonderland on screen. Maybe The DVD version of it will be available in Indonesia a few months later. I do hope the film will be as good as the printed version as well.

What I liked least about this book:
Despite of the amusing story, Alice in Wonderland is written in a dark tone. There are so many mean characters involved in Alice’s adventure. Even the characters who aid Alice, the Caterpillar and the Cheshire Cat, have a dark edge to her as well. In my opinion, a few of the under five years children might be engulfed by fear of surroundings after reading this book. So, I suggest that if the adult wants to tell this story to children, please take notice about that. Humm, but this book is nice and educating overall. I give 3,5 stars of 5!

II. Novi Setiowati 2201409126

Title : Java, Land of Kingdoms and Volcanoes
Author : Jeremy Allan
Publisher : PT. Indo Multi Media for the Indonesia Tourism Promotion Board
Number of paragraphs : 5 paragraphs
Date published : 1995
Date begun : 29 March 2010
Date finished : 29 March 2010                       
Type of book : Non fiction
Level of difficulty for you: Difficult

What did you like most about this article?
I liked the content of the article which inform us about Java, especially about the beautifull places that Java has.The writer wrote the article beautifully. So, everyone whom read it will be interested to visit Java.  Of course, as a Javanesse, I very proud about it.

What did you like least about this articles?
I liked the way which the writer used to describe the beautifulness of Java. For a little time, I can’t understand it. So, I had to open my dictionary a lot to undertand the terms that he used. But, in deed, the terms had made the description of Java being more interesting. So that, I believe everyone whom read this articles will be interested to visit Indonesia, especially, Java island.

III. Ainul Hufron 2201409051

Title : Global Warming
Author :  Richard Morrison
Publisher : Global warming.org
Date published : 09 March 2010
Date begun : 25 March 2010
Date finished : 25 March 2010
Number of pages : 2
Type of book : Nonfiction
Level of difficulty : OK

What I liked most about this article is give me know more about the term global warming. It says that global warming is the increase in the average temperature of earth’s near surface air and oceans since the mid-20th century and its projected continuation.

What I liked least about this article is it doesn’t give the specific time and places that get the most bad effect of the global warming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment